- The Yonex Mavis 350 will be the official shuttle for the tournament.
- However, if both the teams want to play with feather shuttles then may do so.
- As far as feather shuttles are concerned teams have to bring their own shuttles.
- The team should consist of minimum 4 members (2 girls and 2 boys) and a maximum of 6 members.
- An individual can play only 2 events. For example, One boy/girl can only play one singles and either of the doubles i.e. mixed or men’s/women’s.
- Only one team is allowed per institution. However, two teams (Team A and Team B) will participate from GNLU.
Before play commences, a toss shall be conducted and the side winning the toss shall exercise either of the choices
- to serve or receive first; or
- to start play at one end of the court or the other.
The side losing the toss shall then exercise the remaining choice.
- A match shall consist of the best of three games.
- If the score becomes 20-all, the side which gains a two point lead first, shall win that game.
- If the score becomes 29-all, the side scoring the 30th point shall win that game.
- The side winning a game shall serve first in the next game.
CHANGE OF ENDS
Players shall change ends:
- at the end of the first game;
- at the end of the second game, if there is to be a third game; and in the third game when a side first scores 11 points.
- if the ends are not changed as indicated in Rules, it shall be done so as soon as the mistake is discovered and when the shuttle is not in play. The existing score shall stand.
In a correct service,
- Neither side shall cause undue delay to the delivery of the service once the server and the receiver are ready for the service. On completion of the backward movement of server’s racket head, any delay in the start of the service shall be considered to be an undue delay;
- Some part of both feet of the server and the receiver shall remain in contact with the surface of the court in a stationary position from the start of the service until the service is delivered.
- The whole shuttle shall be below the server’s waist at the instant of being hit by the server’s racket. The waist shall be considered to be an imaginary line round the body, level with the lowest part of the server’s bottom rib;
The shaft of the server’s racket at the instant of hitting the shuttle shall be pointing in a downward direction; in attempting to serve, the server shall not miss the shuttle.
- Once the players are ready for the service, the first forward movement of the server’s racket head shall be the start of the service.
- The server shall not serve before the receiver is ready.
However, the receiver shall be considered to have been ready if a return of the service is attempted.
Club Head: Parv Gupta, contact him at (+91) 9586819725 and firstname.lastname@example.org