- Separate editions for men and women.
- Each of the above-mentioned events will be conducted only if a minimum of 3 teams register for that event.
- Swimming shall be conducted only if we receive a minimum of 10 entries for each event.
- For all events, a maximum of 16 teams will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
Rules of the Swimming Federation of India will be applicable.
Events: 50 m Freestyle, 100 m Freestyle, 50 m Backstroke and 50*4 Relay.
In Freestyle events, the competitor may swim any stroke. The stroke most commonly used is sometimes called the crawl, which is characterized by the alternate stroking of the arms over the water surface and an alternating (up-and-down) flutter kick. On turns and finishes, some part of the swimmer must touch the wall. Most swimmers do a flip turn.
The Backstroke consists of an alternating motion of the arms with a flutter kick while on the back. On turns, swimmers may rotate to the stomach and perform a flip turn and some part of the swimmer must touch the wall. The swimmer must finish on the back.
The Breaststroke requires simultaneous movements of the arms on the same horizontal plane. The hands are pressed out from in front of the breast in a heart shaped pattern and recovered under or on the surface of the water. The kick is a simultaneous somewhat circular motion similar to the action of a frog. On turns and at the finish, the swimmer must touch the wall with both hands simultaneously at, above or below the water surface.
Four swimmers on each team, each to swim one-fourth of the distance using any desired stroke(s). Freestyle finish rules apply.
The swimmers are not allowed a false start. If they jump the start and the starter thinks they are trying to get an advantage (whether intentional or not, it does not matter), they will be taken out of the race. Only one false start is allowed.
If a swimmer commits an infraction of the rules, he/she will be disqualified from that event. This simply means he/she will not receive an official time, nor be eligible for an award in that event.
Disqualifications may result from actions such as not getting to the starting blocks on time, false starting, walking on or pushing off the bottom of the pool, pulling on the land line, or unsportsmanlike conduct. Technical rule violations for each stroke may include:
- Walking on the bottom.
- Pulling on the lane rope.
- Not touching the wall in a turn.
- Not completing the distance.
- Turning past the vertical onto the stomach and gliding or kicking into the wall on the turn (the roll must be part of a continuous turning action).
- Pushing off the wall on the stomach after a turn.
- Not remaining on the back while swimming.
- Turning onto stomach before the finish.
- Using either a flutter, dolphin, or scissor kick instead of the breaststroke kick.
- Shoulders not level.
- Alternating movements of the arms.
- Head not coming out of the water for each stroke including one pull and kick.
- Touching with one hand at the turns or at the finish.
Swimming Head: Ramjay Narayan, contact him at (+91) 9962817645 or firstname.lastname@example.org