Table Tennis will be a team event for men and women.
- Team – Each team will consist of a minimum of 4 players. Name of the players have to be submitted at the beginning of the event and throughout the event, players cannot be replaced.
- Scheme of the match
- Each team match consists of five individual matches and shall end when one team has won a majority of the possible individual matches. Each individual match shall be the best of three games but in the semi-final and final it will be of best of five games. Each game will be 11 Points.
- A team match consists of two singles matches followed by a doubles match, followed, if necessary, by one singles and a doubles match, until a team wins three matches. Each player can play a maximum of 1 singles match and 1 doubles match. Thus the Format being S, S, D, S, D.
- A Minimum of 4 players are required in each team.
- Order and Pairing of players playing singles and doubles have to be provided by the captain before the event begins.
- The team competition will follow a knockout (single elimination) format or League format that will depend on the entries we get.
- Flow of the Match – Each player serves two points in a row and then switch server. However, if a score of 10-10 is reached in any game, then each server serves only one point and then the server is switched. After each game, the players switch side of the table.
- Service – The ball must rest on an open hand palm. Then it must be tossed up at least 6 inches and struck so the ball first bounces on the server’s side and then the opponent’s side. If the serve touches the net, it is called a net serve. Net serves are not scored and are reserved.
- Equipment – The paddle should have a red and a black side.
- The Referee’s decision shall be final and binding upon the players.
Club Head: Shubham Agarwal, contact him at (+91) 9804204927 or email@example.com